What is an emergency?
- You have no food.
- You have no place to stay, or you are facing eviction or foreclosure.
- You have no fuel for heating during the cold weather period.
- You have a notice of utility shut off within 72 hours, or your utilities have been shut off.
- You lack items necessary to meet your household’s health and safety needs, and there are no resources available to meet the emergency.
Part-Time Community Welfare Consultant
- Administering community welfare services.
- Carrying out means tests on applicants for services.
- Referring individuals to other state agencies and voluntary organizations if it is appropriate to their client’s needs.
- Keeping accurate, thorough and confidential records.
- Visiting people in their home if they are unable to travel.
Christmas Food Basket Program
- Working with local organizations to deliver food baskets and gift cards for area food stores to needy families in our communities.
- Holding local food drives within the schools and communities.
Youth Outreach Consultant
- Coordinating with local school personnel to assist in field trips, clothing and other needs within the school.
- Annual Stuff the Bus program.
- Annual luncheon for senior citizens.
- Musical entertainment.
- 50/50 raffle drawing.
- Door prizes.
- Guest Speaker.